Luckily, we got our hands on one of the first models so we could test and review the new FABRIQ Chorus. Keep reading for our review and initial impressions. We take a look at everything from setup, connecting multiple FABRIQ speakers, assessing the best Amazon Alexa skills, and much more.
So before you rush off and buy an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Tap, we suggest you consider the FABRIQ Chorus before making any decisions. You won’t regret it.
Below is our complete FABRIQ Chorus review.
What Is the FABRIQ Chorus?
The Chorus is the newest Alexa-enabled smart speaker to hit the market. It’s a powerful device that can be used as a hub for your smart home, can be used to check the weather and listen to the news, and certainly can be used to bump your favorite tunes. This unique device is functional and fashionable. Just as the name suggests, the FABRIQ Chorus has a durable, handsome fabric surrounding the device which makes it soft and pleasant to hold while adding a little style to your home and office.
FABRIQ Chorus and Amazon Alexa
If you’ve never used Amazon Alexa, what are you waiting for? Prepare to be amazed by the technical possibilities and the options that Alexa offers.
Alexa uses what are called ‘skills’ and they work in a similar way to apps on your smartphone. Instead of downloading each skill, you simply enable the ones you like by saying ‘Alexa, enable Jeopardy skill’.
Here are 10 of our favorite Amazon Alexa skills that we used to test the FABRIQ Chorus smart speaker.
- Alexa, Jeopardy
- Alexa, what is the weather like?
- Alexa, play my Flash Briefing
- Alexa, what’s your best skill?
- Alexa, launch this day in history
- Alexa, sing a country song
- Alexa, launch 1-minute meditation
- Alexa, play my party playlist
- Alexa, set 5-minute timer
- Alexa, turn off the lights
FABRIQ Chorus Hardware Design and Specs
Sleekest of sleek is how we describe the overall design of the FABRIQ Chorus. There are currently 4 different colors and designs to choose from with more options on the way. The Chorus also sports a rubber-like base and charging doc. The charging dock is one of our favorite aspects of this smart speaker. It makes charging the device quick and easy, and also looks great while sitting on a counter, shelf or bookcase. There is a light strip around the bottom of the device where it connects to the dock that looks sharp and serves as an indicator of when Alexa has heard you and is listening to your command.
Check out the nuts and bolts of the FABRIQ Chorus Alexa-enabled speaker
- Audio -Drivers: 2 x 2″ Precision active drivers and a 2″ passive radiator. 8W of power.
- Dimensions – 3.15” x 3.15” x 6.3” (80 x 80 x 160mm) Weight: 540g
- Battery Life -Up to 6 hours, 7.4V (2200mAh Capacity)
- Compatibility – Compatible with iOS & Android
- Connectivity -WI-FI: 802.11b/g/n – 2.4 GHz Bluetooth: v2.1 + EDR
- Charging Dock – Wireless charging dock.
FABRIQ Chorus Pros & Cons
Overall, our pros outweigh the cons by a long shot. We actually had a hard time coming up with cons for this device. It worked perfectly right out of the box, was very easy to set up, the battery life is great, connecting multiple FABRIQ devices was seamless, and well, you get the idea.
- Voice-activated Amazon Alexa
- Nice, high-quality designs and color options
- Great sound quality and volume
- Multiroom connectivity
- The actual fabric could be a bit softer
- Down volume button sometimes wouldn’t work
FABRIQ Chorus Review and Final Thoughts
Hands down, the new FABRIQ Chorus is an awesome device. We recommend this speaker to anyone in the market for an Amazon Alexa enabled device or a speaker in general. Extensive testing and use resulted in little concerns or problems. We continue to use the FABRIQ voice-activated Alexa smart speaker on a daily basis. This speaker is technically sound and stylish as well. A total winner from our point of view.
If you have any thoughts or questions regarding our FABRIQ Chorus review, please feel free to drop a comment below.
Sign Up: IOMT
We hope you enjoyed our FABRIQ Chorus review. For the latest and greatest on all things tech and gadgets, please enter your email.